Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
This episode is Part 1 of a two part series covering the story of Emily Jerry. At 18 months old, Emily Jerry was diagnosed with a rare cancer. As treatment for the cancer came to a close, Emily’s tumor was found to have completed disappeared. There would only be a need for one final round of chemotherapy. However, due to a medical error, Emily Jerry would pass away.
This episode features an interview with Emily Jerry’s mother from 2008 with Mike Johnston.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• An Interview with Kelly Jerry
• Emily Jerry birth and subsequent diagnosis
• The strategies doctors took to combat Emily’s tumor
• Treatment for Emily’s tumor
• The timeline of events for Emily’s treatment
• The medical error leading to complications
• The aftermath and result of the medical error
• The registration process for pharmacy technicians at the time
References & Links Mentioned:
Subscribe & Review CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you!