Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
Today, we welcome Whitney Jo Hummel, CPhT Adv and CSPT, to discuss the stigma behind working in retail pharmacy and why it must end.
Having both worked in both retail and hospital settings, Whitney brings a unique perspective to the discussion.
“You have to be a very strong person to work in retail pharmacy… but that’s not a bad thing! Sometimes people can get overwhelmed, but it is not less significant than working in a hospital.”
– Whitney Jo Hummel
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• The various settings Whitney has worked in
• The average day on the frontlines of administering COVID Immunizations and tests
• What experience do you need to work in a hospital pharmacy?
• The stigma of retail pharmacy and why it exists
• Changing the perception of retail pharmacy
• Why retail pharmacy can be beneficial to technicians
• The pros and cons of hospital pharmacy
• The pros and cons of retail pharmacy
Contact Whitney Jo Hummel:
References & Links Mentioned:
Subscribe & Review CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you