Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
Today, we welcome Matthew Grissinger, a pharmacist and the Director of Error Reporting Programs at ISMP – The Institute for Safe Medication Practices.
Matt is a fellow of ISMP and the American Society of Clinical Pharmacy.
“Sometimes errors happen that are unique. We learn from reports to help inform others to prevent those errors from occurring again.”
– Matthew Grissinger
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• The most current data on the number of medication errors
• Is it realistic to hope for a future free of any medication errors?
• The percentage of errors that actually get reported
• Data on percentage of medication errors that involve technicians vs. pharmacists
• What ways technicians get involved with risk management in the medication use process
• How technicians get more involved in safe medication practices
• ISMP and Matthew’s mission
• How technicians can get involved with ISMP
Contact Matthew Grissinger:
References & Links Mentioned:
• Become an NPTA member today! There are three tiers to choose from with many benefits included with each tier. Join today by clicking here.
Subscribe & Review CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT CONNECT – the Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you