Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
This is part one of the six part series covering The Future of Pharmacy Technicians from an employer’s perspective. This series is going to be an open conversation to discuss where employers see the role of pharmacy technicians evolving as well as the opportunities and obstacles of getting there.
The first two parts of this six part series cover Retail Pharmacy. This week, Mike sits with Dr. Rob Geddes of Albertsons and Dr. Ryann Abrams of Rite Aid.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• The Albertsons’ organization and Dr. Rob Geddes role in that organization
• The Rite Aid organization and Dr. Ryann Abrams role in that organization
• The primary roles, functions, and duties carried out by pharmacy technicians in both organizations
• Top KSAs for technicians in both organizations
• The most important soft skills needed today for pharmacy technicians
Reach out to Dr. Rob Geddes:
Dr. Rob Geddes LinkedIn
Reach out to Dr. Ryann Abrams:
Dr. Ryann Abrams LinkedIn
References & Links Mentioned:
• Become an NPTA member today! There are three tiers to choose from with many benefits included with each tier. Join today by clicking here.
Subscribe & Review CPhT Connect The Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT Connect The Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you!