Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
This is part two of the six-part series covering The Future of Pharmacy Technicians from an employer’s perspective. This series is going to be an open conversation to discuss where employers see the role of pharmacy technicians evolving as well as the opportunities and obstacles of getting there.
The first two parts of this six-part series cover Independent Pharmacy. This week, Mike sits with Dr. Beth Bryan of Surgoinsville Pharmacy in Tennessee and Dr. Lisa Schwartz of the National Community Pharmacists Association.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• The primary roles, functions, and duties of pharmacists carrying out in their organizations in the next 5 to 10 years
• The future of technology/automation in your organization
• Major obstacles in achieving changes in their organizations
• KSAs that technicians will need that they may not have today
• The #1 thing they wish technicians in their organization understood
• Advice for pharmacy technicians today
Reach out to Dr. Lisa Schwartz:
Dr. Lisa Schwartz LinkedIn
Reach out to Dr. Beth Bryan:
Dr. Beth Bryan Website
References & Links Mentioned:
• Become an NPTA member today! There are three tiers to choose from with many benefits included with each tier. Join today by clicking here.
Subscribe & Review CPhT Connect The Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT Connect The Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you!