Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
This is part one of the six-part series covering The Future of Pharmacy Technicians from an employer’s perspective. This series is going to be an open conversation to discuss where employers see the role of pharmacy technicians evolving as well as the opportunities and obstacles of getting there.
These last two parts of this six-part series cover Health-System Pharmacy. This week, Mike Johnston, CPhT, sits down with Dr. Amber Lucas of Olathe Medical Center in Kansas and Dr. Noelle Chapman of Advocate Aurora Health in Illinois.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• Background on Olathe Medical Center and Advocate Aurora Health
• Primary roles, functions, and duties carried out by pharmacy technicians in their organizations
• Top KSAs for technicians in their organizations
• Top soft skills needed today for technicians
• The primary roles, functions, and duties of pharmacy technicians carrying out in their organizations in the next 5 to 10 years
• The primary roles, functions, and duties of pharmacists carrying out in their organizations in the next 5 to 10 years
Reach out to Dr. Amber Lucas:
Dr. Amber Lucas LinkedIn
Reach out to Dr. Noelle Chapman:
Dr. Noelle Chapman LinkedIn
References & Links Mentioned:
• Become an NPTA member today! There are three tiers to choose from with many benefits included with each tier. Join today by clicking here.
Subscribe & Review CPhT Connect The Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT Connect The Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you!