Listen to this episode on your platform of choice by clicking here.
This episode features Cory Jenks, Pharmacist and Improv Comedian. In this episode, Mike and Cory discuss Cory’s background and what led him to improv while ultimately discovering how improv is so important to roles in the pharmacy while also touching base on Cory’s new book: “Permission to Care: Building a Healthcare Culture that Thrives in Chaos”.
Cory teaches his core principles and what they ultimately mean to the value and care pharmacy technicians can provide to their patients.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• How Cory was introduced to improv
• What led Cory to choose the improv path
• Why improv is so important in the pharmacy
• What ‘Permission to Care’ covers and why Cory decided to write the book
• Why adaptability, empathy, and humanizing healthcare are the most important tenants of Cory’s book
• What improv takeaways can listeners start using
Reach out to Dr. Cory Jenks:
References & Links Mentioned:
• Become an NPTA member today! There are three tiers to choose from with many benefits included with each tier. Join today by clicking here.
Subscribe & Review CPhT Connect The Podcast
Thank you for tuning in to this week’s episode of CPhT Connect The Podcast! If the interview and subsequent information shared in this week’s episode helped you in your career, please head over to iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show and subscribe while also leaving an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will ultimately help us in delivering great and helpful content to many other pharmacy technicians like you!